Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Season is here shhhh....I won't tell.


At My house my husband outwardly insists on having nothing to do with holiday cheer until celebrating Thanksgiving is over before we can get in the "holiday spirit" No red and green decorations, no Christmas music, and certainly no merriment or anticipation before Thanksgiving. NO putting up the tree earlier than the day after Thanksgiving!

The day AFTER Thanksgiving is another story. Neither Paul nor I grew up getting up and going shopping for great deals at 5:00am after being pumped full of tryptophan, but when Paul sees all the electronics that he can get at a fraction of the cost, he can't help himself. We have kind of made it our annual date the last few years.

If the kids only knew how excited their dad gets on this day. I won't tell them weeks ago I caught him looking on the Internet to see who will have what on sale. This is Paul's Christmas.
The kids have their own way of ushering in the season without their Dad knowing. The other night I went down to make sure everyone was asleep, and I had to smile when I could hear strains of Christmas carols coming from both the girls and boys rooms.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE christmas! As you can tell, I already have updated my blog with everything for the season. Lee believes in waiting, and isn't particularly fond of the music either.

Heather said...

What??? My little brother who used to sing the 12 days of Christmas over and over and over (the muppets version) doesn't like the music?
I must still be a kid at heart, because I have a big box of Christmas music. (Including the muppets since it reminds me of Jarett and Lee)

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.