Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

My Neighbor, My Sister, My Friend


My Neighbor Donette and I at a DUP Jubilee
I have to say that I live in a pretty great place.  One of the things that I love is the really great women that live around me.  I have learned so much from them, just by their example.  Nearly everything that I have had struggles with, one of my older associates has had to deal with too.  I am nowhere near being perfect, but someday I hope to follow the great examples that I have around me.  Here are just some of the greatest lessons that these amazing women whom I associate with have taught me:
  • Listen to others.  Sometimes someone just needs a listening ear
  • Make a fuss over a young mothers children.  It makes them feel so good and realize how precious this time in their life is and that it really is worth all the late night feedings, piles of laundry, and fatigue that comes with the job.
  • Keep something in the freezer you can share. You never know when someone may need it
  • Volunteer....well... somebody has to
  • Speak up.   Right wrongs.  Help others.
  • Get together and have fun.  Most of the time this needs to include good food.
  • Love your Neighbor
Our Neighbor Donette invited us to her property

My neighbor Donette, in particular has shown me the kind of person that I want to become.  Someone that truly loves those around her and blesses the lives of many.
The highlight of summer is going  down the neighbors 100 ft slip and slide
Donette takes us all out for ice cream
Going on a hike with Donette near her Property in Idaho
We came home to an easter suprise on our steps
This year everyone got bunny goodie bags
We just love all of the ladies in our ward, and especially our dear neighbor.  I hope that as I get older that I can be a great neighbor, sister, and friend, because I have had the best example of what that should be.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

How wonderful to have such a great lady and your neighbor and friend.

Heather said...

We sure love Donette. There isn't a holiday that goes by that she doesn't stop by with some little something. She's like our adopted grandma.