Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Color Obsessed

Yes, I am obsessed with color.  I think that I always have been.  Some of my earliest memories are in deep rich color.  I dream in color.  (Doesn't everyone?) I once heard that people dream in black and white, but I think that may be because there is a generation that grew up watching black and white on the small and big screen.  Some people say that dogs and cats can only see in black and white.  I don't believe it.  My cat will attack my legs whenever I wear my hot pink yoga pants, but never when I am wearing the yellow ones.

I was on the the Internet the other day and saw that I could download more Canon Picture Styles for my camera. Picture Styles is to digital what different film types used to be back in the days of film.  I used to shoot with Kodak Portra VC... ohhhh the good old days.  Sharp, vivid colors and beautiful skin tones.  Now there are many more styles than there once was film types.  The bad thing is that there are only 3 slots for user defined picture styles, and I wanted to try out all 30 that I got.  It took a while, but I had a willing subject for my scientific experiment.

Picture styles


 THEN I was on the Internet and I ran across a few more... Technicolor, cinema, and IR (Infrared)  The in fared one makes what is in focus faded, but still in color, and what is green it looks more like B&W.  I will have to mess around with this one a little more, but  here is what I came up with:

No comments: