Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Card

Double click to see larger image


For the last few years I have been really busy in the months leading up to Christmas. (In addition to everyone wanting fall family photos, there is always some huge project that I seem to get involved with that is due at Christmas. This year is no exception) I have less and less free time so I have resorted to sending out a "top 10" 5X7 card instead.


For those of you who got a card and wanted to know more, here are the other highlights that did not make it to the top ten:

I started teaching Digital Scrapbook classes.......This has been really fun for me. I don't think my design and layout skills are impressive enough to land a magazine spread, but I do feel like I have enough technical knowledge of Photoshop (elements) to get other people started. Most of it just comes from working in it with photos for the last 6 (or 7 years.


I got photoshop CS3 this last summer and have had alot of fun learning that. (although I still did ask for the newest version of elements for Christmas...because it is easier to work in)

I also got a new camera and have had alot of fun with more megapixels, which is what kept me busy all fall.
This fall I got released from the Relief Society 2nd counselor. After a two week break I got put in Young women's as an advisor. Nicole is in Beehives for a few more months, and that is fun.

Paul is working on a HUGE project for the US Navy. It is for heaters on the next generation aircraft carriers. It is very time consuming for him and requires allot of extra research and documentation and time at work before the project can even get built.
Paul continues to play city league volleyball and basketball. Last winter he got knocked out and went to the hospital with a concussion, but signed up again this year. Below is a photo pf Paul painting the lines on our basketball court.



Nicole made National Honor Society, and has finally almost stopped growing in height. She is just over 6 feet tall in bare feet. We had to start custom ordering her pants and jeans (JCPenny) because no one sells a 38 inch inseam and 26 inch waist.
She got her braces off this summer and is turning out to be a stunning young woman. She loves Band and plays the Alto saxophone.





Erik joined the school choir last year much to my surprise. It has been years since I saw him actually sing in church. He has to go to school early in the morning, so he must like it. He is also on a city league basketball team as well as a competition one. Paul is the coach, and they seem to enjoy that.
He will turn 12 in Feb. and is already getting that "young man" look about him. He is nearly 5'6" and I am waiting for that huge growth spurt. He is a great help to me. He is always good to get his regular chores done and then do alot of "extra" chores for pay.
Erik likes to cook (and eat what he cooks) and this year he wanted to make me a birthday cake.




Natalie started Basketball and Ballet this fall. She is always so full of life and fun to be around. She has really started to progress in reading. Her favorite subject is Math, though. She will be having another operation on her ears this winter. This time it isn't her eardrums, though. She has something growing in both her ear canals. I'll post on how that goes.



Karl will start his first year of basketball next month. He is doing very well at school, although he is always reminding us that he "knows it already". Paul started reading Hardy Boys books with him and his reading is way above grade level. He is a very sweet boy and not a day goes by when he doesn't give me a hug and a kiss. He and Erik cannot get enough LEGO's. It is nice that they both like them since there is nearly 5 years between them.


We hope all of you have a great Christmas season and look foreward to hearing from you in the year to come!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute Christmas card! My friend from work told me she was taking classes from you. Her name is Sue Walton,

Heather said...

Yes,Sue and her daughter-in-law Heather and friend Laura all come and scrap with us. In fact they were all at the one we had last week. We made and printed our Christmas Cards.
I also did the photos of Heather's wedding this fall.
They are a really fun bunch of gals.