We had a great Christmas.....the kids woke up about 7:00am and wanted me to make a fire in the family room before they started opening presents. Paul always makes everyone wait until he is showered and dressed before we start. Of course, there were LOTS of LEGO's. The family got all the rest of the Nancy Drew games that we didn't have. We also got a Hardy Boys game too. The kids all like to play them together.
Paul's friend Jorg from Germany sent a box full of gifts for the whole family. Every gift was perfect for the recepient.
My mom did a great job in making Aprons for everyone. Now there will be no excuses for not helping me in the kitchen.
The big family gift this year was a trip to Moab. We went with our Friends Shawn and Shar and their two kids. We found that it was less expensive to rent a condo for the six of us than to get two rooms at a motel. It was so nice. The condo was new and everything was super clean. Paul and I had our own master suite. The girls had a room with a queen bed and the boys had another with two twins. The kids all shared a bathroom. We could have fit two more people on the hide-a-bed sofa in the loft if we needed to. I also liked having a full sized kitchen stocked with pots, pans, and dishes. We cooked or packed a lunch for nearly all of our meals.
The most exciting thing about the trip was the Jeeping. We had never done anything like that before. The friends we went with got into jeeping a year or so ago and finally convinced us that it would be a fun family trip.
It was cold and there was snow on the ground, but the Jeep really could go just about anywhere you wanted it to. Who needs a snowmobile?
3 comments:
I am glad you had a great Christmas! Moab looked like a blast!
Thanks for the suggestions! I have briefly heard of the Ranger's Apprentice, so I think I will need to look into those.
Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. We miss you and I know that the boys really miss their cousins.
Post a Comment