I have a 14 year-old son. Last summer he was about 5'6". This summer he is 6'1" and still growing. There is an additional change that I am getting used to. His voice. When I am in the other room and he is talking I don't recognize it. It is so deep that I often have to tell him to speak louder because I can't understand him. His sisters have the same problem too! Sometimes I mistake his voice for his Dads, and then things get really confusing. I'm sure that with time we will all get used to it (and he will get used to his own voice). In the mean time I will find myself wondering, on occasion, who the grown man in the other room is....oh wait... that's my teenage son!Saturday, June 11, 2011
I hear a voice, but I don't recognize it
I have a 14 year-old son. Last summer he was about 5'6". This summer he is 6'1" and still growing. There is an additional change that I am getting used to. His voice. When I am in the other room and he is talking I don't recognize it. It is so deep that I often have to tell him to speak louder because I can't understand him. His sisters have the same problem too! Sometimes I mistake his voice for his Dads, and then things get really confusing. I'm sure that with time we will all get used to it (and he will get used to his own voice). In the mean time I will find myself wondering, on occasion, who the grown man in the other room is....oh wait... that's my teenage son!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy Cow! I can't believe he has grown so much since we saw him last summer. That is crazy! We probably won't recognize him when we see him next.
So has he passed Nicole yet? I am curious to see if any of the tall genes hit my kids?? I am guessing Kenadee if any of them?
Erik is about 1/4 inch traller than Nicole, but they both weigh in at 133lbs. Tall Skinny Kids!
Post a Comment