Friday my cousin Juleen and her fiance' Tommie got married and I got to do the photos (that's what I get for giving family a huge discount!)
Nicole, my 14 year old came with me and took photos with my other cameras. She helped do photos at an outdoor wedding the week before and some of the photos turned out pretty good. She was horrified, however when people kept asking if she was my sister. Someone thought we were roomates. I just told her that it was the overcast sky that was hiding my wrinkles.

Nicole, my 14 year old came with me and took photos with my other cameras. She helped do photos at an outdoor wedding the week before and some of the photos turned out pretty good. She was horrified, however when people kept asking if she was my sister. Someone thought we were roomates. I just told her that it was the overcast sky that was hiding my wrinkles.

Here Nicole took a photo of me taking a family group shot.

It's not that different from what I have done hundreds of times before until you get a close look at the Grandpa. ( I had about 30 seconds to set up and take this shot) I had to hold up the reception line for half a minute and there wasn't time to arrange them much. Security said to make it quick.

It was awesome to be with the Monson Family.
The next day was Stake Youth Conference. We had a "Pioneer" themed event. At the stake center we met and had lunch. We then rotated form room to room where couples who had served on missions at historic sights gave presentations.

It was my job for the day to take photos. So here I am with my Nicole and Erik.

Erik had fun pulling the handcart nearly a mile up to the old red church for the remainder of the day's activities. We had quilting, milking (surgical gloves) log sawing, roping, sack races and a stick pulling contest. (the football players won that one)
We had a fireside and then a Hoe-down where we all did the virginia reel. The local family band did a great job. The little boy with the fiddle was Natalie's dance partner on the ballroom team. What a talented family! My kids had learned the dance on our trek last year and they had a great time. Here is Nicole going under the bridge.
3 comments:
How awesome! Wow! How did it feel being in the presence of our prophet? What a amazing experience. Tell Nicole that she just looks much older than she is. That can account for the confusion.:)
It was way cool. I was worried that I would start to cry or blubber something unintelligible, but I was able to stay calm. The holy Ghost testified to me that he was the Prophet, but I had no desire to join the throng of people waiting to see him and shake his hand. I had a job to do.
I did get to touch his arm and help he and his dear wife get into the photo. He looked up at the clouds and told the rain to stay away....and it did!
I had to laugh because minutes earlier the sun had come out and I was praying it would go away so the picture wouldn't be ruined :o)
Very Cool!!! It's kinda small to see detail. Never try to over pray the prophet silly girl.. Funny
Post a Comment