Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Raised Bed Update


A few people have asked about how my raised beds were coming along. Most everything is doing really good. The melon vines have started to grow on top of the wire grid, and almost everything has gotten allot bigger. One of the two Zuccinni plants died, but you only ever really need one. The only problem I have had is that something is eating the lettuce and spinach, except for what is under the wire grids. We have wild bunnies in the area as well as squirrels, but Paul said that the magpies like to hang out back there. Who Knows?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love those beds. We have wild bunnies eating our broccoli, and such. Darn animals!

jeneric94 said...

I have the same problem, I was wondering if it was bugs of some sort??? Don't know.

Heather said...

I think I may have discovered the problem, I noticed hundreds of tiny bugs in my beds, and then sprayed garden insecticide. I had to replant some things, but the lettuce is starting to grow again.