Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I must be getting old!



The other day I was in town stopped at five points, an intersection where five roads come together and you have to wait a long time for your light to turn green. From the back of the van I hear, "Mom, look at that really old car!!"

I quickly scan the cars around me and then across the intersection looking for something like this:



I looked around for a second time. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing older than the '70's, no cool paint jobs, nothing fancy. I asked Karl to point out the really old car so that I could see it.


"It's right THERE!" he said with a hint of impaitence (obviously I didn't know what an old car looks like.)


"Oh," I replied. "That's a Chevy Malibu....it came out when I was about your age."


.....so I guess that means I'm really old too!





No comments: