Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

How My garden does grow!


 Early this spring I was determined to have a garden.  A few trips to the local IFA and rummaging around my storage shed and I was ready to go.  I started all my seeds this year except for onions and potatoes.  I used IFA's garden box mix along with Azomite for starting the seeds.  Someday I may get ambitious ang get a real greenhouse, but the clear tote idea came from Pinterest.  They worked really well.  I put a thermometer in one of them so I would know if I needed to open the lide more or less to regulate the temperature.  There were many cool spring days when this came in handy.

the peppers needed a constant temp of 85° -proofing feature on oven worked


Starting seeds

Brought things out during the day on nice spring days


transplanted to Solo cups with holes drilled in the bottom

kept things inside on cool spring days


Mid-summer cantaloupe patch
This mornings harvest
Cukes climbing up a wire rack
a few varieties of tomatoes
We have had some ripe tomatoes, but they are so delicious they don't last long!
Pole beans
Green, Anaheim, and Jalapeno peppers

Watermelons are doing well in the heat wave

Honeydew peeking out

No comments: