Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Twenty Years Later


I can't believe that it's been 20 years since I got married.  It's crazy how fast time has gone by!  We started talking months ago about ideas for what to do to celebrate.  Cruise?? No.  Hawaii, Jamaica?? No.  Europe is out of the question with our remodel in full swing.  One day I suggested going to a rock concert since Paul has never been to one.  The only one I had ever been to was OMD... on the back row waaayyyy back in college.  So we started looking at bands that were coming to Salt Lake in April and were happy to see that Snow Patrol was coming.  Paul liked their popular song "Chasing Cars" and I would hear them alot on my Pandora... Plus they were coming out with a new album.  I bought the tickets and downloaded most of their songs.  Paul did extensive research on the band and we went out and bought "cool" clothes since our teenagers said we didn't have any.  By the time the concert came we knew all of the songs on their tour playlist and Paul could tell me who all of the band members were.

The concert was super fun and as soon as it started I forgot that my feet hurt from walking all over the place and the two hours in line.  I was happy to see that we weren't the only old people there Hahaha.  We got to be up front second row standing and I got to shake Gary's hand and the bass player tossed me his guitar pick at the end, but I am such a klutz that I dropped it Hahaha.  That's OK, the girl next to me picked it up and was ecstatic.

We stayed at the Hyatt at the Gateway and were able to just walk to everything downtown.  Temple Square on a quiet Saturday morning, City Creek shopping, and  fun at the gateway.  We had always thought that one of our big anniversaries would have been spent at the hotel we honeymooned at, but the Inn at Temple Square got knocked down to make way for City Creek. I had a great time away from everything with the best friend that I married.
Clark Planetarium.. had to go wash my hands after that hahaha

Paul was so sweet he told me I was the prettiest girl at the concert!

In line for the concert with our "cool clothes"


Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol



After walking all morning..... Crown Burger!!

No comments: