Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Soap on a Rope

When I was a kid WAAAAAAAAYYYYY back in the "70's I remember seeing advertisements on TV for Soap-on-a-rope.  I'm not sure why, either, that the product was always decidedly masculine, I mean, Isn't it just handy to hang your soap up?
Apparently this makes a good Christmas or Fathers Day present for many men

  Fast forward to the present and take a look in my shower.  No soap on a rope here.... just bottles of Body Wash and those Scrubbing pouf things that look like they are made from wads of what  they used to package grapes in at the grocery store.  There is a couple of different kinds of body wash.  One for the Teenage Son so that he smells so good that girls will instantly be attracted to him (according to the advertisements) One very feminine bottle promising moisture and youth, and another of practical oatmeal infused wash for the younger ones with sensitive itch-prone skin.  Last a soap dish containing a slightly mushy bar of spring scent, because my Husband simply refuses to use a pouf, because he see's them as "girly", but his bar isn't on a rope.
  Why, then you ask,  am I thinking of soap-on-a-rope? It is because I received a couple of bars of Handmade soap from my Mom for Christmas.  They smelled Wonderful ... one like Mint and the others like Lavendar. "Hmmmm....", I thought to myself,  "How am I going to use these without them becoming a gushy mess in the shower?"  Using them next to the sink was out of the question since none of the children will pick up a used piece of soap because they think that it is gross.
  I looked at some recipes on the internet about turning a bar of soap into liquid and it involved Glycerine and distilled water , which meant a trip to the store and then  trying to remember to get them once I was there and purchasing all the "normal" items that I usually get .... yep, too hard.
  I was at Wal-Mart the other day and saw this.....
Bar Soap pouch scrub
I liked it so well I think I will get some more for my kids or Summer Camp.

No comments: