Today I am feeling very blessed to be alive and well. I took my Mom down to Orem yesterday because she had a doctors appointment. I went shopping a little with my sister and then we all met my cousin at a restaurant for Lunch. The food was good, and we had a nice time together and we all agreed that we should get together more often for lunch. The drive home was pleasant and I was enjoying the conversation. In Salt Lake I was in the lane next to the HOV lane and there were three lanes to the right of me. I had a feeling that I should slow down a little and ,of course, half a dozen annoyed motorists passed me. I wondered if I should move toward the outside lanes, but then I thought "No, stay in this lane". Then all of the sudden the front passenger tire blew and sheared off and went to the left. There was no one in the HOV lane for half a mile or so in both directions and so no one got hit by my tire and where it happened there was a stretch of emergency pull off and I got right over and stopped just fine. The guy behind me pulled over and helped me change the tire, but he kept saying that my van should have rolled and that I was lucky. I'm still counting my blessings, though and am very thankful to the guy who stopped to help even though he was wearing a suit.

2 comments:
We are so glad you are ok. That was probably really scary. I am glad you were listening.
Mom said that she felt like I should slow down too... and that if I hadn't she was going to tell me too. I've got a whole new set of tires now and hopefully that won't happen again. It was scary.
Post a Comment