Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I got my eyes lasered.



So Here I am before LASIK surgery. I had LASIK Plus do it since they guaranteed their work. I had also heard good things about Dr. Sally Thompson. I chose to do the more expensive custom wavefront all laser since I am a photographer and good clear vision is very important .






Left: Here I am during the procedure. All I could think about was, "I should have taken the valium when I had the chance!"
It really didn't take long, but I kept thinking that I would never forgive myself if my vision was messed up for life.








This lovely photo was just minutes after the lasering. My eyes already feel puffy and bruised. My vision is very hazy, and everything is way too bright even with sunglasses.
The drive home I took a nap, but when I woke up my eyes felt like someone had kicked sand into them. My eyes couldn't stop watering. Thank goodness Paul was there to make sure I got all the eye drops in the right order and timing for the first day. I spent the rest of the day in my dark room listening to a book on tape.


The next day my vision was much better and the halo around the lights has gradually gotten less intense. I actually have a filter for my camera that mimics closly the way the world looked those first few days. It has been a few weeks now. My follow up appointment was yesterdy and I have 20/15 vision and an assurance that the Halo's around the lights will eventually go away.

1 comment:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Yeah, you did it!!!! Very proud! Welcome to the blogging world... You'll love it.